Towing disabled vehicles is how a tow truck company makes money. If you do that, you should have tow truck insurance that is tailored to your needs. The following are some examples of enterprises that may require commercial tow truck insurance:
- Service providers on the side of the road
- Contractors for auto clubs
- Towing in a circle
- Repair shops for automobiles
- Repairing automobiles mechanically
- Stations with full service
- Haulers for auto salvage and auctions
With so much depending on your tow truck, it’s critical to have coverage that’s tailored to your individual needs.
Protection during towing and storage
Wrecker or rollback truck towing insurance might cover a lot more. The following are frequently carried by towing truck companies:
- Garagekeepers Legal Liability Insurance - Provides coverage for your clients’ vehicles while they are parked on your property.
- On-Hook Towing Insurance - Provides coverage for your clients’ automobiles while they are being towed.
- Tow general liability insurance pays if you’re legally accountable for physical injury, property damage, or personal injury that isn’t caused by your insured vehicles.
Insurance coverages for tow trucks
You should think about the following towing insurance coverages for your commercial vehicles:
Liability insurance - Liability insurance reimburses you for injuries and property damage you cause to others. It is divided into two sections:
- Liability Insurance for Bodily Injury
- Coverage for Property Damage Liability
Medical Payments Insurance - Covers medical expenses for you and your passengers in the event of an accident or injury caused by a vehicle.
Physical Damage Coverage - Pays for damage to your car as a result of an accident, such as a collision with another vehicle or a falling tree branch. Two types of coverage are included in this towing insurance:
- Insurance for Collisions
- Insurance that covers everything
Uninsured Motorist Insurance - It compensates you and your passengers for injuries caused by drivers who do not have insurance or enough coverage. In the event of a hit-and-run, it also protects you. Commercial tow truck uninsured motorist coverage can cover the following:
- Insurance for Uninsured Drivers
- Insurance for Uninsured and Underinsured Drivers
- Where available, uninsured motorist property damage insurance